- NSS is a noble endeavor in academic advancement; it incorporates the civic consciousness among students and faculty in order to secure community interactions; and it brings institutions of higher learning closer to society.
- It demonstrates enough to use a set of experience and effort to achieve desired objectives that contribute to development initiatives.
Objectives of NSS
- Gaining a better understanding of the community in which the volunteers serve.
- Having a good understanding of the community in which the volunteers serve.
- Identify the opportunities and demands of their neighborhood and participate in the problem-solving process by understanding themselves in relation to the community in which they live.
- To foster a sense of social and civic responsibility among themselves
- To learn how to mobilize community engagement;
- To develop leadership characteristics and a democratic mindset;
- To improve preparedness for emergencies and natural calamities;
- To put their learning into action in order to solve personal and social problems and learn the skills needed to live in a community and share responsibilities.
Motto of NSS
- The motto of NSS is “NOT ME BUT YOU”
- This reflects the essence of democratic living.
- Supports the necessity for selfless service
- Recognizes the other person’s point of view
- Exemplifies care for fellow humans.
It underlines “The welfare of the individual is ultimately the welfare of society.”
- Activities of NSS are divided into two major groups
- Regular Activities
- Special Camping Activities
- Students undertake various programmes in the college, in the adopted villages and urban slums during the weekends or after college hours, such as :
- Cleanliness Drive on the College Campus
- Celebration of the Birth and Death Anniversaries of the Leaders and Social Workers of repute and conduct various activities like Debating Competitions, Essay writing Competitions etc.
- Organizing various types of rallies in the city for the purposes like Tree Plantation, AIDS Awareness, Literacy Awareness, and Collecting Funds for Social causes.
- Providing the opportunities to the students to attend various District, University, State, National level camps.
- Developing leadership qualities among the students.
- Organizing Blood Donation camps, cultural activities, and social activities in the adopted villages.
|Name of the Officer||Unit||Contact||Mail Id|
|Dr Abdul Majid Bhat||(NSS Program officer; Unit I)||firstname.lastname@example.org|
|Prof. Mohd Waseem Mir||(NSS Program officer; Unit II)||email@example.com|