The college has a total strength of 60 N.C.C. cadets Registered under 3 JK NCC Bn. Baramulla. The cadets have made the college proud by representing the R-Day, I-Day Parades and in different national level Camps and other N.C.C. activities in many parts of the country. The cadets also show participation in parades/classes.
By obtaining ‘B’ Certificates, Cadet becomes eligible for seeking admission in P.G courses and for other services and by obtaining ‘C’ certificates in grade A and B there is direct entry in CDS Exams, Govt. of India. Community development, personality development, adventure training, institutional training, firing practices, skiing, mountainnering etc. are being taught to the cadets via various camps organized by the institution in collaboration with 3rd Bn J&K NCC BARAMULLA. The NCC UNIT of this college is functional under the registration of NCC Directorate:
NCC Directorate, J&K.
Group HQ: NCC Group HQ, SRINAGAR
Unit: 3rd J&K Bn NCC, BARAMULLA.
Year Of Introduction In College: 2015
- National Cadet Corps is a Tri-Services Organization, comprising the Army, Navy and Air Force, engaged in grooming the youth of the country into disciplined and patriotic citizens.
- The National Cadet Corps (NCC) is a youth development movement. It has enormous potential for nation building.
- The NCC Provides opportunities to the youth of the country for their all-round development with a sense of Duty, Commitment, Dedication, Discipline and Moral Values so that they become able leaders and useful citizens.
- The NCC provides exposure to the cadets in a wide range of activities, with a distinct emphasis on Social Services, Discipline and Adventure Training.
- The NCC is open to all regular students of schools and colleges on a voluntary basis all over India.
- The cadets have no liability for active military service once they complete their course but are given preference over normal candidates during selections based on the achievements in the corps.
Empower volunteer youth to become potential leaders and responsible citizens of the country.
To develop leadership and character qualities, mould discipline and nurture social integration and cohesion through multi-faceted programs conducted in a military environment.
AIM OF NCC
- The NCC aims at developing character, comradeship, discipline, a secular outlook, the spirit of adventure and ideals of selfless service amongst young citizens. Further, it aims at creating a pool of organized, trained and motivated youth with leadership qualities in all walks of life, who will serve the Nation regardless of which career they choose.
- To develop good qualities like good character, commandership, discipline, leadership, secular outlook, spirit of adventure, sportsman spirit, and the ideals of selfless service amongst the youth of the country.
- To create a human resource of organized, trained and motivate youth to provide leadership in all walks of life and always available for the service of the nation.
- To provide a suitable environment to motivate the youth to take up a career in the Armed Forces like Army, Navy, Air Force and other paramilitary forces. The college has produced a number of Cadets who have been inducted in various defense services like JKP, Army, BSF, CISF and CRPF across the country.
MOTTO OF NCC
“UNITY AND DISCIPLINE”
- The motto of NCC is “Unity and Discipline” which was adopted on 23 Des.1957. In living up to its motto, the NCC strive to be and is one of the greatest cohesive forces of the nation, bringing together the youth hailing from different parts of the country and moulding them into united, secular and disciplined citizens of the nation.
NCC CORE VALUES
- The NCC is a responsive, learning and continuously evolving organization. Its activity is guided by certain core values that we endeavor to instill among all ranks of the NCC. These include the following:.
- Respect for diversities in religion, language, culture, ethnicity, life style and habitat to instill a sense of National unity and social cohesion.
- Abiding commitment to learn and adhere to the norms and values enshrined in the Indian Constitution.
- Sensitivity to the needs of poor and socially disadvantaged fellow citizens.
- Understanding the values of honesty, truthfulness, self-sacrifice, perseverance and hard work.
- Respect for knowledge, wisdom and the power of ideas.
|NAME OF THE NSS OFFICER
|Prof Mohammad Wasim Mir
- Adventure Camping, Annual Training Camps, Basic Leadership Camps, Mountaineering Courses, Skiing, Firing Practices, Drills, Pre Rdcamps Etal.
- All These Training Events Are Conducted Via 3rd J&K Battalion Ncc,Baramulla..
NCC Cadets Strength Last Five Years
Activities By NCC Unit
- NCC unit of our college undertakes various activities regarding student and community development every year. All these activities are being run in collaboration with 3rd J&K Bn,Bla.
2021-22 Training Year
|Name of the Activity
|CATC camp at Nagrota w.e.f 22 feb-3 march 21
|ANOS conference on 03 Feb 21
|Caretaker attended meeting at Bn HQ bla.
|Actual training camp in Boniyar w.e.f 10-16/03/21
|B and C certificate exams for year 2021-22
|13 for B exam ,3 cadets for C exam
|CATC camp at JAKLI centre RANGRETH SGR wef 04-13/10/21.
|08 cadets participated
|All India NCC UP TREK w.e.f 1-11-21
|Nasir and Dharanpreet participated
|Pre RDC TRAINING camps in Nagrota
|08 cadets participated.
|NCC BIATHLION TEAM
|01 CADET part of team
|online declamation competition on SAY NO TO SINGLE USE PLASTIC on 9aug 21
|8 CADETS PARTCIPATED
|Registrations on Young warriors link against COVID-19 and free online basic life support certificate training via billion hearts beating
|REGISTRATIONS ON GALLANTRY AWARDS link, Ministry of Defense, GOI
|Fit India freedom run programme, mass vaccination programme, Cleanliness program, Online painting, singing of national anthem on rashtragan in under AZADI KA AMRUT MAHOTSAV BANNER
|All Cadets Participated