The Department Of History was established in the year 2005 along with the establishment of the college and is one of the largest departments in the college as for as student enrolment is concerned. History is one of the important disciplines taught in the college. At present there are more than 200 students enrolled in the department of History. Besides teaching academic courses prescribed by the University of Kashmir Srinagar, the department encourages inter-disciplinary initiatives with the rationale of enabling students to think critically and to develop a historical consciousness. The department has one sanctioned post which is lying vacant. At present the department is run by faculty members engaged on academic arrangement.
Aims and Objectives of Department
- To enable the students to understand the different perspectives of historical facts.
- To create opportunities for the students to acquire rational knowledge of History.
- To develop the critical attitude towards History.
- To make students capable of contributing towards national integration and universal brotherhood.
- To provide reliable knowledge about History.
- To provide awareness about various historical aspects as a responsible citizen.
- To develop awareness about the emerging trends in History.
- To encourage and support students to undertake research in History.
- To support students to study contemporary issues on the basis of historical background.
- To study the social, political and economic influence of historical facts on Culture, economy and other areas of human development.