Admission Policy/Reservation Policy
The candidates who have passed their 10+2 class examination in full shall be eligible for admission to the course. However, for B.COM (General) (for students with non-commerce back ground), B. Sc. (General), BA/BSC/BCOM (Honours) and BCA/BBA/BMMMC (Honours) Programme candidates having secured not less than 45% marks in aggregate in case of open merit and 40% marks in aggregate in case of reserved categories shall be eligible for admission. For rest of the courses candidates who have passed the 10+2 class examination in full shall be eligible for admission.
The selection of candidates shall be based on his/her % in the 10+2 class. Further, where a programme is offered at more than one College, a candidate having given College preference shall only be considered.
RESERVATION OF SEATS:
Seventy percent (70%) of Seats available in a Programme/Course of study, shall be filled up from Open merit category candidates. Remaining 30% of seats available in a Programme/Course shall be filled up from amongst the reserved categories in order of merit. The breakup of seats for various reserved categories and the authorities competent to issue the required certificate in respect of the reserved categories are given in Table below:
Table: Reserved Categories (Break up):
|Residents of Backward Area (RBA)
|Schedule Caste (SC)
|Schedule Tribe (ST)
|Differently abled (not less than 40% disability) (DA)
|Superintendent Medical Board
|Weak & Under Privileged Classes EWS (WUP)
|Line of Actual Control (ALC)
|Children of Permanent Resident of Defense Personnel/State Police Personnel/Children of Ex-Defense & Police Personnel/Children of Para-military Forces serving in the State (CDP)
|Commanding Officer of Unit/ Zila Sainik Welfare Officer and DIF concerned respectively
|Candidates possessing outstanding proficiency in Sports (SPT)
|Concerned competent Authority
- The benefit of admission under a Reserved Category shall be granted only once to a candidate.
- If a candidate is eligible to apply for admission under more than one reserved category, he/she shall be required to choose one Reserved Category for one programme under which he/she would like to considered, which shall be final, and unchangeable. For example, if a candidate is eligible under three categories under which he/she shall compete for admission to a particular programme.
PREPARATION OF SELECTION LIST:
- Total seats available for a particular program shall be divided among each category as specified in the reservation policy.
- All seats available under the open merit category except any fractional part shall be allotted to eligible candidates in order of their merit irrespective of their applied categories.
- In case, no eligible Candidate is available under a particular reserved category, the seat(s) including fractional part under that category shall be shifted to open merit category. In case, the number of eligible candidates available under a particular reserved category is not sufficient, the remaining seat(s) including fractional part under that category shall be shifted to open merit category.
- Fractional part attached to open merit category left in (i) above and seats resulting from (iii) above including their fractional parts shall be clubbed together (added) to calculate further seats to be allotted under open merit category. This number shall be rounded to nearest integer (i.e. if greater than or equal to 0.5, one seat shall be allotted).
- A seat matrix indicating number of seats and fraction of seat for each reserved category shall be prepared.
- Candidates shall be selected in order of their merit from each reserved category as per the seat matrix prepared in step (v) above leaving behind any fractional part at this step.
- Selection of candidates against fractional seats shall be made from only those reserved categories whose fractional part was added in step (vi) above.
- The fractional seats shall be given to candidates in order of their respective merit, from each reserved categories, which has not been represented in step (vii).
- Remaining fractional seats (if available) shall be allotted to candidates in order of their respective merit from reserved category (subject to maximum of one seat per category) whose fractional part was added in step (vi) but were not given a seat in step (vii).
- Note: The admission policy is in accordance with the GOI/UT Govt./Affiliating University rules.
|Prof. Mohammad Wasim Mir
|Department of Chemistry
|Dr. Abdul Majeed Bhat
|Department of Psychology
|Prof. Muneer Ahmad Khan
|Department of Botany
|Dr. Mohd Amin Lone
|Department of Zoology
|Dr. Mohd Rafiq Bhat
|Department of Economics
|Dr. Gowher Ahmad
|Department of English
|Dr. Gowher Ahmad Wani
|Department of English
|Dr. Rizwan Qayoom
|Department of Commerce
|Dr. Fayaz Ahmad Runyal
|Department of Urdu
|Mr. Mehdi Abass
|Mr. Imtiyaz Ahmed Awan